Translate

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

♥ Day 40 Mono Orange Juice ♥



Day ♥40♥
Kind of a special day for me. Somehow the '40 days' holds a special significance for me.
I have often done 40 day mono diets for Lent, although many of them carried on past Lent because I was having such a good time ♥
Jesus fasted for 40 days in the wilderness, and it does seem a significant number related to a dietary period.
The last few days I have been really loving the juice. A week or so back when the Orange supply was not so good, it felt a bit challenging but now it just feels great and the 'normal' diet for me.
I do however, want at some point to try our homegrown Mangoes which are now well into their season. I may have a break of a few days to try some Mangoes, or I may just carry on.
This morning we went up to Maleny and got lots of the smaller syrupy Valencias that no one else seems to pick first, so my juice today has been sublime.
I also finished reading Tonya Zavasta's book, and started to read, 'The Orange: Golden Joy' by John Train, with photos by Mark E. Smith.
There are some amazing photos of orangeries and Orange groves.
The book looks at the history of the Orange and the Orange in art.

And includes some poems:

To His Coy One
 O Orange,
 Thou ripe and juicy Orange,
 Thou sweet and luscious Orange
 I shake the tree, I shake it,
 O fall into my lap!
           Goethe

I like how Goethe uses capitalisation to begin his fruit too ♥

I had a nice conversation today with a lady who has an Organic farm and an Organic delivery business. She grows Valencias on her farm, but they are just out of season, but good to know for next year.
I love connecting with fruit growers. She was also interested in the fruitarian diet.

Fruity Fare ♥
Morning—3 teeny-tinies, 4 Biodynamic, and 3 conventional Oranges, juiced in my mouth.
Afternoon—14 teeny-tinies, juiced in my mouth ♥beautiful♥

Fruitful Exercise ♥
40 minutes workout
30 minutes fast walking

Have Beauty Days ♥
Love and Peaches XX ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment