Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2010

♥ Day 65 Mono Orange Juice ♥


Day ♥ 65

Blood Oranges

In 1936, a child
in Hitler's Germany,
what did I know about the war in Spain?
Andalusia was a tango
on a wind-up gramophone,
Franco a hero's face in the paper.
No one told me about a poet
for whose sake I might have learned Spanish
bleeding to death on a barren hill.
All I knew of Spain
were those precious imported treats
we splurged on for Christmas.
I remember pulling the sections apart,
lining them up, sucking each one
slowly, so the red sweetness
would last and last -

while I was reading a poem
by a long-dead German poet
in which the woods stood safe
under the moon's milky eye
and the white fog in the meadows
aspired to become lighter than air.

Lisel Mueller


I must admit to a bit of a penchant for Blood Oranges, especially the really dark red ones from Sicily. I would have to say the juice from Sicilian Bloods is one of the most glorious drinks to have ever passed my lips ♥
At the moment Bloods are not in season in Australia and although the Blood Orange will grow in Queensland, because the Winter does not get very cold, the Bloods will not get such a deep red colour. So the very beautiful rich winey flavour that accompanies the deep rich colour needs a nice cold winter to develop.
Since starting my Orange juice diet, I have had Valencia juice for the vast majority of my daily juice, with just the odd Navel or Honey Murcott.
But as I find each individual fruit to have its own unique taste and flavour, I have never tired from the dear sweet Valencias ♥
I think that looking forward each day to my Orange juice, when the house has been filled with Durian, fresh Figs, Home-grown Mangoes, and local Lychees, is a good indication that the juice is still working for me and fulfilling my needs.
And I do feel very blessed to have had access to so many delightful Organic Oranges. The Organic aspect has been very important to me. It feels good to be consuming Organic fruit from both a health and an environmental perspective, and the Organic fruit feels very precious to me ♥

Fruity Fare ♥
Morning - 10 Organic Valencias, juiced in my mouth
Afternoon - 11 Organic Valencias, juiced in my mouth.

Fruitful Exercise ♥
40 minute workout.

Have Beautiful Days ♥
Love and Peaches
From Anne XX

No comments:

Post a Comment